Old Penang Bus Tickets

I had to use my scanner today, and I finally got to scanning something that I've been wanting to for a long time.

Old bus tickets.

I collected bus tickets during the days when I was taking them to go home from school. It was around the early 90s. At that time, Penang Yellow Bus was still around, and the notion of mini buses on Penang will draw laughs. How things have changed. Now, Penang Yellow Bus has gone bust, and replaced by Milan. Up until a few months ago, mini buses ruled the streets of Penang, but their reign has recently ended, and soon a new era of public bus service will take its place in Penang with the emergence of Rapid Penang.

I've seen the bus service here get from bad to worse. Actually it wasn't really bad during my school days. Sure the buses were far between and usually packed during peak hours, but it is during peak hours. It is expected to be that way. Buses then were actually in good condition compared to now. They didn't have air-conditioning, but none of the buses had it back then. They were relatively clean and comfortable, unlike today.

And soon the whole Penang bus system will be run by Rapid Penang. They promise the buses will be in good condition, and there'll be a lot of them going around the island. It's all good on paper, but I'll wait 'til its here before making any judgments.

Tack-tack-tack-tack! Jalaaaaan.

0 comments: